Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Mandi_River   Xkabx   Mandi_River  

Member  Message

Mandi_River
View Profile

Having to sell my boas :-(

Hi!
I’ve not been on here in YEARS but I’m really torn atm and looking for some advice from people who really care about their pets. I think of my pets as family members and feel like they should be treated with respect and given the time and effort they deserve.

I had my Daughter 15 months ago and when I was pregnant with her I didn’t even consider getting rid of my snakes as they are my babies too, but I ended up really ill throughout my pregnancy and ended up in hospital so I couldn’t give them the time and attention they deserved.

I have been trying and trying to give them as much attention as I used to. But due to a very time consuming little girl and I am currently suffering with postnatal depression I think it is best for both me and my two boas that i find them new homes :-(. I really don’t want to sell them but I know that someone is out there who can give them the love and affection they deserve.

So basically what I am asking is how can I go about selling my two babies and how can I find the right person to buy them ? I don’t want to just slap up an add in a shop and let someone come and take them for a bit of fun and not care about them. I want someone who is serious about reptiles and really knows how to care for them ?
I don’t even know how much I should sell them for :S :-( I feel like crying just thinking about this.

I’m not too sure exactly how old either of the snakes are but one is a Colombian rainbow boa Female named Aubrey and my other snake is a BCI boa female named Gaudi, who is very aggressive during meal times otherwise shes lovely and pleasant. I would love to keep them but I feel terrible as i used to get them out everyday and now its every blue moon when i get a chance and fleeting visits changing water and cleaning times/feeding etc.

Do you think my snakes could be happy just being in their vivariums, well looked after, fed, watered cleaned out vivs etc just i cant get them out as often ?

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong area ?

Thank you for any advice :-)

Mandi xx

04/05/12  06:01pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Mandi_River   In reference to Message Id: 2261611

i would have a hard time parting with any of my snakes so i feel for you, if you must give them up try to find a friend and give them to them this way you can always go see them. as for can they be happy, i think my snakes are happiest when left alone, they are not really social animals, if you can keep up cleanings and feedings i say keep em they wont mind the alone time but do what is best for you and your family if it is too much then its too much. good luck

04/06/12  06:45pm

Mandi_River
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2261760

Thank you for your reply :-). I think I am going to keep them. I love them too much lol They have locks on the viv’s so i don’t have to worry about my daughter opening them so i think they will be pretty safe. I think i my invest in building them some nice new viv’s as a treat to compensate :-). Like i said i used to get them out quite often and they would just sit around my neck for an hour or two and with a baby that’s not so safe, for baby nor snake. I think i may start coming on here more often too :-). I considered all my friends and I gave a friend a pet a couple of years ago and they sold it without telling me, otherwise i would have taken it back.... so I don’t really have anyone to do that with.

Thanks again for the reply

Mandi x

04/07/12  06:21pm

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area