Boas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jblaze1991   Chameleon_man   ShadowAceD   T-pain   Sandboaking  

Member  Message

Jblaze1991
View Profile

Housing boas

I have 2 Columbian red tail boas and I am wondering even though they are still young. Male and female is it ok to house them together and I thought they were going.to shed because they haven’t eaten in 2 weeks and there eyes were milky blue but then there eyes cam.back to colour and no shed and.still not interest in food help please thanx u ....

03/16/12  12:23pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Jblaze1991   In reference to Message Id: 2259033

Housing boas

i know people that do house them together. but not sure about male and female. that can stress her out with over breeding. or breeding when they still young.

03/20/12  02:24pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2259494

Housing boas

The shed cycle can take up to fourteen days to complete following the eyes clearing from blue.

No boa should be co-housed unless for breeding purposes only.

People do it, but that does not make it right. It causes unneeded stress and can cause problems when trying to figure out who is defectating, who is drinking etc. etc.

If you cannot afford or have the means to house each in their own proper enclosure, you should not have more than one boa.

03/22/12  09:58pm

T-pain
View Profile

Message To: Jblaze1991   In reference to Message Id: 2259033

Housing boas

Yea then Boas will need their own spaces they will fight over heat plus u have to make sure they properly sprayed after feeding try changing humidity also

04/04/12  04:19pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: T-pain   In reference to Message Id: 2261462

Housing boas

That shed deal is just a boa thing. My sands do it a lot. They look dull, ten normal, then there’s a shed looking up at me. I personally don’t house any snakes together. Disease and mites spread like wildfire this way.

07/31/12  10:52pm

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area