Boas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Baltimoron   Bciaddict  

Member  Message

Baltimoron
View Profile

New boa

I’m trying to decide what type of snake will be my next. I’ve had boas in the past (redtails and a columbian) and I loved them. I now only have room for a smaller species. I have a 4’ x 2’ x 2’ tank. I want a snake who will eat well and will not be overly aggressive as I enjoy letting others handle my snake. I only want info about snakes you’ve personally owned. I could read care sheets all day. I’m interested in your personal experience.

12/11/11  12:04am

Bciaddict
View Profile

Message To: Baltimoron   In reference to Message Id: 2246766

New boa

Get whatever appeals to you. Temperament varies with each individual, and can differ from keeper to keeper...heck it can vary from day to day.

Find something you like and ask the breeder about its temperament, or better yet if you can see the boa in person prior to purchase, than ask to handle it.

My personal favorites are Nicaraguan boas. Some say that they have a nasty disposition but most of those people have limited experience with them.

Hog Islands aren’t bad. Although just a few years ago they were considered to be evil biting machines.

Many boas (especially Central American ones) are very defensive in their cages but are sweethearts when removed.

Also note that just because a boa that becomes accustomed to you does not mean that it will be docile for other people.

Amie

12/12/11  07:17am

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area