Boas Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

BIG BLAIR   Vb9sk8er   Vb9sk8er   Bciaddict  

Member  Message

BIG BLAIR
View Profile

T+ Albino Nicoraguan Boa

i havent been on here in forever but i am getting a new snake to add to my collection. i just put in an order today for a t+ albino nicoraguan boa. my enclosure is already set up and it should be here in a little over a week. question though...i know this bread does not get as large as others but i am having a hard time finding a good answer on how big it will actually get. i am prepared for even the largest of snakes i would just like to know what size to expect when it reaches adulthood. any help would be great and pictures of this animal full grown for a visual aid would make my day.

10/24/11  07:49pm

Vb9sk8er
View Profile

Message To: BIG BLAIR   In reference to Message Id: 2241820

T+ Albino Nicoraguan Boa

Females usually around 8-9 feet and males are about 6. I don’t have an adult pic, just one of my little female. They are entertaining angry little babies who tend to mock bite until they mellow out. Mine usually hisses but doesn’t snap. Hope this helps!

11/17/11  05:31pm

Vb9sk8er
View Profile

Message To: Vb9sk8er   In reference to Message Id: 2244556

T+ Albino Nicoraguan Boa

I’m an idiot and can’t read. Nics should not get over 6.5 feet (females). I think males average more around 4 feet.

11/17/11  08:55pm

Bciaddict
View Profile

Message To: Vb9sk8er   In reference to Message Id: 2244556

T+ Albino Nicoraguan Boa

Pure Nics don’t get to be 8-9 feet. A true Nic will only be able 5-6 feet for a female and 4-5 feet for a male, although many don’t even get that big. My largest Nic female is 7 feet, and the next biggest girls are about 5.5 feet, the rest are all just a little smaller.

If yours is crossed with a Colombian then it could get closer to the 8-9 feet.

Nics are really any nippier than any other Central American boa...they have a bad rap in that department.

Here is a 6-7 year old female:

And a 5 year old female:

And a 4 year old female:

Here’s a 5 year old male:

This is a 10 year old female:

And I’ve posted this picture many, many times....it’s few years old now and I don’t remember how old the male is in this picture:

Just for giggles, this is my smallest female Nic...she’s under 4 feet:

Amie

11/17/11  09:17pm

Back to Boas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area