Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Red Tail Forum

Motomo   Razeraze   Rred   Extremewaffles   Motomo   Extremewaffles   Motomo  
 Member  Message

Motomo
View Profile

Odd Feed

Okay. I have a question. Is it a bad thing that my 5 month old boa just swallowed her mouse sideways? I was concerned but she seemed to get it down just fine. Has this happened to any of your snakes? Will it cause digestive problems? I really donít want to clean up a puked mouse. That is so heinous.

08/30/05  08:59pm

Razeraze
View Profile

Message To: Motomo   In reference to Message Id: 461362

Odd Feed

no it should be fine.

08/30/05  10:42pm

Rred
View Profile

Message To: Razeraze   In reference to Message Id: 461558

Odd Feed

props tp the snake for getting it down. snakes fine.

08/31/05  11:26am

Extremewaffles
View Profile

Message To: Rred   In reference to Message Id: 461989

Odd Feed

lol, i thought my snake was an idiot when he ate some mice that way for a coupe of feedings. we were worried when it first happened but then two days later the bulge was gone and no regurged mouse. nice to know someone elses snake is the same way. it shouldnt have any problems so dont worry.

08/31/05  12:17pm

Motomo
View Profile

Message To: Extremewaffles   In reference to Message Id: 462032

Odd Feed

Oh, I was extremely impressed by it. I tend to think that maybe she needs to move up in size since she downs three of them a week. But of course, I bought mice in bulk at a show and need to use them up. I guess I could buy another snake to help get rid of them. Hmmm . . . isnít that how addictions start????

08/31/05  06:27pm

Extremewaffles
View Profile

Message To: Motomo   In reference to Message Id: 462388

Odd Feed

lol, im affraid so. hey, did the mouse make any kind of popping sound when the snake squeezed it in two cause mine did.

08/31/05  08:29pm

Motomo
View Profile

Message To: Extremewaffles   In reference to Message Id: 462561

Odd Feed

Oh, now youíre starting to sound like my husband. He was mad when I bought frozen mice becuase the only reason he agreed to let me get a snake was that he could watch it destroy mice. No. Iím sorry I didnít catch any sounds. I do think the mouseís back was already broken because it folded quite neatly. It was really cool to watch her use her body to help fold the mouse up. Like I said, I was very impressed.

09/01/05  06:14pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area