Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Texasghoul   Texasghoul   Takahiro111   Texasghoul   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Texasghoul
View Profile

Help with baby eating

The place I bought my red tail boa from last friday said he had been eating pinky mice every Tuesday. I cant seem to get him to eat. He is very active at night, will they eat a thawed pinky mice out of a food dish? Because obviously he is not going for the feeding tong method. The temps and humidity are good. He also yawns a lot but I dont see any bubbles coming from his mouth or nose. Looks very healthy and came from a reputable breeder. Doesnt look like he is about to shed. not sure how old he is but he is only about 2ft long.

11/20/15  05:02am

Texasghoul
View Profile

Message To: Texasghoul   In reference to Message Id: 2315791

Help with baby eating

I just noticed that he just recently shedded. Does it take a little time after they shed for them to eat?

11/20/15  05:36am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Texasghoul   In reference to Message Id: 2315791

Help with baby eating

Feed after the shedding cycle but if your snake if 2’ why feed it pinkies that’s kinda small for a 2’ snake. It probably wouldn’t eat because its gonna shed and the prey isn’t the right size. If he don’t eat f/t try prekilled

11/20/15  02:41pm

Texasghoul
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2315809

Help with baby eating

So you think frozen pinky mice are too small. Thats just what they had him on in the store. i Left one in his tank last night and he appears to have eaten it. I am going to try to just leave a small feeding bowl outside his enclosure and see if he will use it. you think I should go up to fuzzys? I was thinking the same thing that pinkys are a little small for him.

11/23/15  12:02am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Texasghoul   In reference to Message Id: 2315848

Help with baby eating

Not sure the snakes body diameter but it shouldn’t be to bigger than the widest part of the snake body.

11/23/15  12:49pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area