Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dracula_096   Cphill58   Cphill58   Dracula_096  

Member  Message

Dracula_096
View Profile

Herpers DIRECTLY!

Just layaway a new baby boa until I move into my new place. The pet store has him listed as an "Super Salmon" and the rest of the babies just salmon. He was the lightest and cleanest of the salmons which drew my eyes to him. I’ve conducted a little research on the salmon color but wanted to hear from some breeders that’s vets in boa breeding. Not new to Boas at all. Just morhs. Also, I would like to know if he’ll lighten up or darken as he grows.

Looking forward to an educated answer. Thank you!

06/08/15  02:17pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Dracula_096   In reference to Message Id: 2313826

Herpers DIRECTLY!

It will darken ...yes it is clean But a super salmon would be very pink /orange even as a neonate.

When I purchased my BCI at the same size roughly she was very light colored like yours with beautiful orange tail ... and she is quite dark now pushing 8’ 6"

But I love her just the same if not more. Gentle as a kitten and never pissy.

The head of your BCI is showing normal coloration so strongly, I have to disagree with the store that sold it to you. A salmon or a super salmon will have the coloration running through the head as well.
Take a look at Google images

It’s a beautiful snake you got ...

06/17/15  09:43am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2313948

Herpers DIRECTLY!

There is a ton of info on other forums out there...Here is 1 article in a forum debating the coloration and some clues as to how and why. I know it is an old thread .. but interesting enough.

salmon ..super salmon

06/17/15  09:55am

Dracula_096
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2313948

Herpers DIRECTLY!

I bought him from a breeder that also owns the pet store I picked him up from. He’s possible Super Salmon-Jungle 66% Double Het Anery & Albino. I now have his lineage paperwork. He’s for sure what I was told and getting other response from different forums assures that as well.

11/02/15  09:35pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area