Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Thornadin   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Thornadin
View Profile

Breeding and Morphs

Hey guys. I am interested in getting into breeding RTB’s. I have a hypo red schneller redline July 2014 male and am trying to figure out what would be possible morph matches for him. I asked the breeder I got him from and he is not het for anything. So which morphs could I consider? I have been doing tons of research but obviously don’t plan on breeding soon since he is so young, but would like to find a female sometime soon. I am really only interested in breeding one pair.

03/09/15  07:28pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Thornadin   In reference to Message Id: 2312694

Breeding and Morphs

Breeding boas may be a thing in the past ...see the new restrictions of the recent changes to the LACEY act.

Quote:

Q: Why is the Service moving to list these four species of snakes as injurious wildlife under the Lacey Act?

A: This designation under the Lacey Act is necessary to prevent the importation and interstate movement of four species of non-native constrictor snakes identified by the U.S. Geological Survey in the 2009 report, Giant Constrictors: Biological and Management Profiles and an Establishment Risk Assessment for Large Species of Pythons, Anacondas, and the Boa Constrictor. This action will help prevent human contribution to the spread of these snakes into wild populations beyond those already established. This action is being implemented in response to significant ecological impacts observed as a result of a self-sustaining, wild population of Burmese pythons in Florida. It will protect endemic wildlife species, including threatened and endangered species.

See the link and read about the new additions that are banned as of last week. No out of state transport ..or sales.

lacey act 2012/13

2015 ...
Lacey 2015

03/09/15  11:53pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area