Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Thornadin   Takahiro111   Thornadin   Takahiro111   Thornadin   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Thornadin
View Profile

Red tail boa behavior

Hey guys. I just brought home a July 2014 hypo schneller redline. I am just wondering what their normal behavior is. First he started out in his hide, then I took him out to rearrange some decor and when I put him back in he cruised around for a bit, basked on top of his hide for a good 20-30 min, cruised around some more and is now curled up outside his hide barely covered by a couple leaves. I guess my main question is if it’s normal for them not to hide all the time or does he just feel secure? His temps are all good, so that’s not an issue.

02/22/15  06:06pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Thornadin   In reference to Message Id: 2312430

Red tail boa behavior

Is he in a glass tank? It can also be because you just got himso he has to settle and don’t rearrange things yet. Congrats on the new red tail and every indiviual has a different personality. I’m watching my friends red tail now until he comes back from a cruising trip and let me tell you he’s wayyyy different from mine attitude wise lol. I can’t wait until he comes back to get him. And mine will half hide herself, she only put her head in her hide sometimes but mostly out.

02/23/15  12:27am

Thornadin
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2312435

Red tail boa behavior

Yes he’s in a 20 gal glass tank until I get his life time enclosure built, or I’m looking into a vision cage. I really was only messing with the bedding under the hide to get the correct temp from the UTH. I have paper towl layered over the bottom of the glad then aspen on top. But have left him alone since.

02/23/15  06:12am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Thornadin   In reference to Message Id: 2312440

Red tail boa behavior

He’s hiding because the glass tank makes him feel a little too exposed...just cover the sides and back with something to see if he improves so he can feel a little more safe as he getsuse to his new enviornment.

02/23/15  06:26am

Thornadin
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2312441

Red tail boa behavior

No I mean he isn’t hiding. He’s was curled up outside his hide with under like 1 leaf.

02/23/15  05:03pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Thornadin   In reference to Message Id: 2312448

Red tail boa behavior

He must feel safe and secure that he’s out. I wouldn’t worry unless I see signs of stress

02/23/15  06:27pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area