Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Datildoit   Takahiro111   Datildoit  

Member  Message

Datildoit
View Profile

Red tail new home advice

Ok I have a red tail that has out grown her 60 gallon tank I was thinking of converting a closet in to a snake home but figured I’d see what you guys think first the closet is 11’2" in front 12’9" in back it’s 3 ft 11" deep and sits in a corner so 4 ft wide just inside door I was thinking it be great height wise but wasn’t sure about width what do you guys think closet ok with lots of stuff to climb or should I build her a wall cage ?wall cage would be ruffly 8’7" tall in back 12’9" front 4 ft deep and 9 foot long if I go that way

09/16/14  03:40am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Datildoit   In reference to Message Id: 2309766

Red tail new home advice

Both choices are ok but I’m not forward of making cabinets etc.. into cages because they might wear out easier than your average built one plus not to mention water damage. My red tail is in a custom built but I provided him with height and width since I just discoverd he likes to climb.

09/16/14  07:09am

Datildoit
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2309768

Red tail new home advice

I am rebuilding the closet inside with the frp bored I read about in cage making forums I just wanted to make sure space was ok before I tore it up for rebuild and after further measuring I’ve found I can add another 3 foot in width so now I just need to buy some more 2x4s to Frame that space in so I know how many sheets I need was going to use plywood but every one says the frp is better

09/18/14  06:58am

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area