What do I do ?

04/02/14  12:22am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Sticky   In reference to Message Id: 2304335

Marge just had babies !!

Live birth...wow...
did you have her with another snake??

Gonna have some hungry mouths to feed soon!!

Keep them moist ...allow them to absorb the egg sac if any ..do not attempt to remove any egg sac.
If the mom is aggressive you will have to find a way to distract her and keep her occupied so you can get the babies into a tub / separate holding tank...with a damp towel on the bottom for moisture. Keep warm just like the mom. 82-85 F

After they absorb the egg sac and possibly a week later they may shed and begin eating...sometimes they will need 2 weeks before eating..They will eat pinkies and possibly fuzzie mice...use tongs to feed them with or they will easily associate your scent with the scent of food. Some may not eat at all and pass away..sadly, but it happens

Feed separately in containers...such as the dollar store plastic shoe boxes. After the first meal give them each a shoe box container with a paper towel on the bottom and a small cup for water ...mist the paper towel to keep humid...The plastic cups at the oriental fast food for sweet and sour sauce is perfect water bowl... KEEP WARM using heat pads ...or heat tape...best to have a rack built fast.

Book shelf type set up with heat pads or tape attached to the wood back to radiate heat or a large box type set up that can accommodate the shoe box containers even stacked ...but evenly heated

04/02/14  02:53am

At3kidd87
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2304336

Marge just had babies !!

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you since it sounds like you weren’t expecting the babies. Best thing you can probably do is ask people around your area if they have ever had any experience with this. Someone who works in local pet/reptile shops should be able to help more or recommend someone who can help you out. I only mention this because if I were in your shoes and didn’t know much about what I was doing, I would get super frustrated wating on replies from a forum online. I think trying to find someone you can talk to in person would be much more benficial.

04/02/14  10:35am

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area