Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Shooter4hire   Mmarquis33   Shooter4hire   GTEXOTICS  

Member  Message

Shooter4hire
View Profile

Regurgitation Question

Hi, I have a question about my few month old Red Tailed Boa regurgitating his mouse today. I have only had him for one week. Last week when we bought him, the pet shop owner sent us home with one mouse which he ate promptly and did great. This week however when he ate the mouse we put him in a seperate tank to feed (it is a smaller one and we just put the whole tank inside his 55 gallon in case he needed to be back in his familiar surroundings) and we had to leave the house soon after he ate the mouse. When we came home three hours later he was out of the feeding tank and in his regular tank. Today he regurgutated the mouse back up. I have read about this on this forum site as much as was available. My guess is that the transfer from the small tank to the larger one caused him to regurgutate the mouse but what do I do now? Should I offer him another one right away or wait till next feeding day? Do I treat him just like I would if he had kept the mouse down and withhold from handling him for 48 hours? First snake and any help would be great thanks!

06/02/13  12:32am

Mmarquis33
View Profile

Message To: Shooter4hire   In reference to Message Id: 2298098

Regurgitation Question

Hey. Leave him alone entirely.. Keep tabs on him and don’t try to feed it again his digestive system needs time to recover. Other people on here may have better advice.

06/02/13  12:18pm

Shooter4hire
View Profile

Message To: Mmarquis33   In reference to Message Id: 2298110

Regurgitation Question

Thank-you. How long should I leave him alone? How do I know if he is drinking water?

06/02/13  10:19pm

GTEXOTICS
View Profile

Message To: Shooter4hire   In reference to Message Id: 2298132

Regurgitation Question

do you still need any help?

07/31/13  02:24am

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area