Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Redyates   Sticky   Cphill58   Sticky  

Member  Message

Redyates
View Profile

Red tail won’t eat

I posted couple months ago about my 2 1/2 year old female redtail wouldn’t eat. She’s never missed a meal since I’ve owned her. When I first got her I think she was mistreated. She was kept in a garage in winter so I’m sure her temps were never right. Any way imnew to caring for this type of animal but I do a lot of studying and I’m sure I have her conditions right. 82-86 deg an 45-55 % humidity. Sometimes it varies but for the most part her conditions are good. I’ve had her for over a year an she’s never missed a meal. Now she hasn’t eaten in almost 3 months. She looks and acts normal, no sighns of illness or mites. Please reply, gettin worried. Next step is vet but if this is not uncommon could really use the$. Don’t mind putting up vet bill but if I don’t have to that would help. Thanks

03/05/13  08:04pm

View Profile

Message To: Redyates   In reference to Message Id: 2293222

Red tail won’t eat

That’s the same thing with my female... But I had a battle with mites. Took care of the mites and now she won’t eat. I wish I could help you, but I’m going through the same thing except my girl hasn’t eaten in 6 months and now I’m getting worried.

03/26/14  12:56pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Sticky   In reference to Message Id: 2304214

Red tail won’t eat

My 8 foot female went off feed for a considerable time but this week she attacked a medium rat with her usual gusto. Had me worried for awhile but all is well. This week end I am defrosting 2 ex large rats for her.

My 10 ft retic goes off feed from Oct to April every year... except this year he started feeding a bit early.

If you get to the point where the boa is losing muscle mass / tone take it to a vet.

03/29/14  08:08pm

View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2304261

Red tail won’t eat

I took her to a Vet and he gave her a shot and instructed me on how to give her the next 2 shots. That was Thursday... I just got Home and checked on her to find her with babies !!

04/02/14  12:20am

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area