Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sandboaking   Chameleon_man   Sandboaking   Chameleon_man   Sandboaking  

Member  Message

Sandboaking
View Profile

Aggressive baby

So, last June I got a pair of unrelated hypo redtail babies. The female has been sweet from day one, even after I’ve stopped handling her for a couple months. But my male has just never relaxed. At first he was just squirmy and fast, but I figured he was just a typical hatchling snake. Then, the striking and biting started, and I’m not talking about nips. He latches onto my gloves every chance he gets. He’s over two feet now with a good-sized head, so I’m starting to get nervous, but I really wanna start working with him before he really becomes dangerous. Any tips? I don’t even try handling now, but I know that’s the only way. Should I just suck it up and start handling him? I’m just a little hesitant to pick him up, even with gloves because I’m just not sure what a hard bite will feel like. Somebody told me they were bitten by an adult and it felt like getting hit with a hammer, so yeah... not really helping much.

01/24/13  09:06pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2290412

Aggressive baby

LOL i also have a very agressive motley boa baby, meaner then hell. just keep holding. BUT when you feed, feed small meals and wait a few days to hold agian. mine was so mad that I would feed him and only check on him everyday would not even open the tub up the way just to peek and he would throw up the mouse because he was trying to kill me so much. so now i feed him fuzzes. when he was eating adult hopper so he wont throw it up so fast.

01/25/13  11:22am

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2290443

Aggressive baby

Lol I started giving him smaller meals to slow his growth until I could tame him! 2 feet and still eating rat pinks lol

01/25/13  03:47pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2290462

Aggressive baby

LOL sounds like you got it handled! good luck man. I just got mine out and he barley acted like he wanted to strike. so its working a little bit

01/25/13  05:10pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2290472

Aggressive baby

Thanks I’m gonna need it!

01/25/13  08:14pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area