Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

ARENEPEZ   Chameleon_man   ARENEPEZ   Chameleon_man   ARENEPEZ  

Member  Message

ARENEPEZ
View Profile

New to RTB need help

hi i was looking into getting a baby rtb soon but i need to know some things i know they can get up to ten feet but i need to know what size tank i will need or the measurements of a home built cage for an adult and how fast they grow so i have an idea of when to get the bigger cage and if im going to have to build one what materials i will need and a specific how to guide because I’ve never had to build one before I’ve snake sat my friends baby and adult rtbs and his fourteen foot Burmese python so i know what to expect because I’ve also handled and fed his snakes multiple times also should i start the baby out eating rat pups seeing how it will be eating them regardless any information anyone could give me would be great thanks in advance
Amanda

12/31/12  04:08am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: ARENEPEZ   In reference to Message Id: 2288574

New to RTB need help

start off with a 20gallon talk (long) that will last him a while. they grow depending on how much you feed them. I have 2 female boas right now. 1 is my favorite and i want to live as long as possible because she is by far my favorite snake. I only feed her mice (for now) rats are high in fat and will get the snake large and fat a lot faster then it will on mice. mice make it to where the snake grown nice and "even" threw out its life. I got the other boa form a guy that feed nothing but good sized rats pups and i think even a few small weaned rats and she is almost twice as big as my other snake (same clutch) so it all depends on food to tell how big he will get. as far as housing an adult. i would buy a cage rather then make one. If you start saving now Boaphiles is what I use and i LOVE THEM. they are decently priced and FREE shipping. look into something like that or vision cages, AP cages.

01/01/13  10:14am

ARENEPEZ
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2288618

New to RTB need help

thanks for the information however I’ve done more research and i don’t have room for the tank when its full grown

01/02/13  09:48pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: ARENEPEZ   In reference to Message Id: 2288734

New to RTB need help

well good for you for not getting them one then! lol are you looking for a bigger snake?

01/02/13  10:39pm

ARENEPEZ
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2288743

New to RTB need help

no im sticking to the smaller ones like milks and bps corns and kings but thanks again

01/02/13  10:54pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area