Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sandboaking   Cphill58   Sandboaking  

Member  Message

Sandboaking
View Profile

Going downhill fast, and I’m not sure what else to try

Hi, I got a really sweet 4.5 feet rtb last July, and she was doing very well. She ate like a champ, taking a medium rat each week. But I screwed up and put her in a large aquarium with a screen lid. So, I wasn’t able to regulate the humidity too well, and she had a terrible dry shed about two months ago. Now I have learned everything I was told by the former owner was wrong, so I won’t make that mistake again. But anyway, she hasn’t eaten since. I’m 99% sure it’s a uri, because she has been holding her mouth open and I’ve seen some bubbling. So, I ordered f10 and I’ve been treating her for a while now with really no improvement. She’s getting thin now, and she just lays in the same place usually. Anything else I can do? I don’t know of a reputable vet anywhere near me.

11/05/12  04:15pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2284717

Please ...you live in Ohio...one of the central most populated states in America...you are totally blind and no doubt have developed many strengths and much knowledge because of that handicap...you must be a wizard on the PC and have many resources available to you.

As I have seen from your other posts your level of intelligence is not lacking....get to a vet and get a culture/swab done and get some Baytril or Fortaz injections started to cure the bacterial infection...a vet visit is usually around 50-60.00 and medication is extra. They will show and teach you how to administer.

Your lack of responsibility by allowing the snake to go this long without treatment is painful to read about..

good Luck

11/07/12  11:28am

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2284874

Luckily I have a friend about 20 minutes away who deals with these snakes, and I took her to him for injections. My whole problem was, I was communicating with a breeder about it and he kept telling me keep the humidity high and keep doing the f10 treatments because it doesn’t get better quickly, but now I know all that is wrong. He’s still telling me I should stop the injections and just increase the f10 dosage, so I can say I’ll never go to him for advice again.

11/08/12  04:36pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area