Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

BamBam22   Mr olivers owner   Stirfrycook   BamBam22   Kmkizmet  

Member  Message

BamBam22
View Profile

My Baby

Had her for about two weeks now, and she loves being handled, and exploring. She is a het for albino. I believe she is about 3.5 months old. Been having a hard time feeding her but overall she is doing good. As soon as I figure out how to put these pictures of her up, I will.

10/11/12  07:53pm

Mr olivers owner
View Profile

Message To: BamBam22   In reference to Message Id: 2282671

My Baby

these snakes like small cages, so either have her in a 10 gal with lots of clutter or a 9 qaurt container system...this is the number one reason they do no want to eat they are very shy when eating. if shes in a tank cover 3 sides with balck/green paper tp block out light (they like darkness too) she may start feeding better by next feed who knows.

mine went through growth spurts and selectivly likes to pig out and then eat normal for a bit

10/12/12  10:22am

Stirfrycook
View Profile

Message To: Mr olivers owner   In reference to Message Id: 2282699

My Baby

I keep my baby in a 40 gallon breeder and he is dong fine. I have it really cluttered with branches and plants and i have a dark hide box. he has been eating like a champ. My advice is that it would probably be better for you to keep him in a smaller tank but if you have him in a larger one just clutter it up with decorations, give it lots of places to hide.

10/12/12  09:23pm

BamBam22
View Profile

Message To: Mr olivers owner   In reference to Message Id: 2282699

My Baby

Ok, I know I’m responding late but thanks for the information. It’s very helpful. I’m able to get her to eat but now she won’t use the bathroom or shred. Am I doing something wrong here? Would a warm bath promote shredding ?

11/24/12  03:28pm

Kmkizmet
View Profile

Message To: BamBam22   In reference to Message Id: 2286221

My Baby

I think once she gets used to her new tank things will even out.
Warm baths and high humidity helps with shedding.

11/26/12  10:56pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area