Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Boas-Red Tail Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Buddy rich   Mr olivers owner   Mr olivers owner   Mr olivers owner   Buddy rich   Mr olivers owner   Buddy rich   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Buddy rich
View Profile

Can anyone tell me if this trade is worth while??

Hey guys, so I have a trade I am getting here’s what the deal is

My mosaic king snake, 2 , 65 gallon tanks, and $140
For
2 female pastel boas and a 4x2x2 PVC cage.
They have mites but not a bad case and I can cure them or the other
Offer is the same as the other one it’s just a pastel female and a normal male
Breeding pair, from the picture I was given the male has a bad case of mites.

If anyone can let me know that would be great thanks

08/09/12  12:15pm

Mr olivers owner
View Profile

Message To: Buddy rich   In reference to Message Id: 2276211

dollar for dollar it would be agood deal but the pvc cage is a bit small for one female let alone two and they have mites. male normal boas are not expensive and they usually dont have mites when you buy them

what is the age of the snakes btw?how long are they now?

how long have they had mites?because they can become aneamic as mites are blood suckers. if you can see the mites in a pic its really bad...just sayin....if you trade whats to stop your kingsnake from getting mites with him(unless the fate of your pets once in the hands of anouther owner doesnt matter)would you not want a good home for you king?if the boas are worse off than the guy says are you able to afford proper care posibly vet care? if you rich than go for it;)

youll need two bigger cages for these pastel boas unless you have some lying around 6x3x2 min in my opinion but people have been ok with smaller.which means you spent more than you saved if you have to buy a cahe for one of the two boas as they shouldnt be together;(.

also maybe hes getting rid of them cuz of aggressivness, poor health poor breeding, low wieght etc try to get more info from the trader and if he doesnt want to then dont do the trade

tough call but based on the info you provided is say no not unless you have the money, time and patience....wait for more replies or go and buy your own healthy baby pastel that you can raise, babies are cheaper

just saying if it is too good to be true it usually is.....what ever you chose to do be prepared for the good the bad and the ugly;)

good luck

08/09/12  08:09pm

Mr olivers owner
View Profile

Message To: Buddy rich   In reference to Message Id: 2276211

dollar for dollar it would be agood deal but the pvc cage is a bit small for one female let alone two and they have mites. male normal boas are not expensive and they usually dont have mites when you buy them

what is the age of the snakes btw?how long are they now?

how long have they had mites?because they can become aneamic as mites are blood suckers. if you can see the mites in a pic its really bad...just sayin....if you trade whats to stop your kingsnake from getting mites with him(unless the fate of your pets once in the hands of anouther owner doesnt matter)would you not want a good home for you king?if the boas are worse off than the guy says are you able to afford proper care posibly vet care? if you rich than go for it;)

youll need two bigger cages for these pastel boas unless you have some lying around 6x3x2 min in my opinion but people have been ok with smaller.which means you spent more than you saved if you have to buy a cahe for one of the two boas as they shouldnt be together;(.

also maybe hes getting rid of them cuz of aggressivness, poor health poor breeding, low wieght etc try to get more info from the trader and if he doesnt want to then dont do the trade

tough call but based on the info you provided is say no not unless you have the money, time and patience....wait for more replies or go and buy your own healthy baby pastel that you can raise, babies are cheaper

just saying if it is too good to be true it usually is.....what ever you chose to do be prepared for the good the bad and the ugly;)

good luck

08/09/12  08:10pm

Mr olivers owner
View Profile

Message To: Mr olivers owner   In reference to Message Id: 2276294

sorry for the double post computer froze

08/09/12  08:11pm

Buddy rich
View Profile

Message To: Mr olivers owner   In reference to Message Id: 2276295

That’s fine lol, but they have had mites for 2 weeks I got the female first for now very good
Looking put her on paper towel to check mites, there weren’t very many. He is holding off on the male
Until he cures him( 2 weeks ago he got a leopard gecko with mites and it infected his snakes).

08/10/12  12:41pm

Mr olivers owner
View Profile

Message To: Buddy rich   In reference to Message Id: 2276366

ohhh okay. at least hes not witholding info and the snake is healthy..whooo. could have been alot worse. all that for a leopard gecko lol. keep us updated on them

08/10/12  12:49pm

Buddy rich
View Profile

Message To: Mr olivers owner   In reference to Message Id: 2276367

Here she is. Just cleaned out her PVC cage she’s in a 65 gallon in this pick
Never had a snake this big!! Going to get the male later on! I’ll post a pic if and when I get him

08/10/12  03:05pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Buddy rich   In reference to Message Id: 2276388

Pretty girl..!! I hope she is mite free and remains that way...mites are a PIA.

Your food bill for them is gonna go way up....lol
My girl will eat 2 lb rabbits and I bet yours would do well with a 1.5 lb

Best wishes

Cp

08/17/12  06:29pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area