Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Red Tail Forum

The_2nd_baseman   ShadowAceD   The_2nd_baseman  
 Member  Message

The_2nd_baseman
View Profile

What is going on wiht my RTB

I have a 8-9ft RTB that is around 5 years old.It started about 5 months ago she stoped eating and just like a month ago she started back at a guinea pig every 2 weeks .She has now started to open her mouth and hold it there for around 45sec to 1min and then closes it and moves it side to side. So I opened her month and it looks good not like mouth rot or anything, it didnt hurt her and when I let go she acted fine. What do you think is going on with her? Thanks for your help.

04/11/09  09:04pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: The_2nd_baseman   In reference to Message Id: 1984334

If she is exhibiting this behavior AFTER eating the meal, and ONLY after eating the meal, this behavior is not incredibly unusual. If she is doing it every so often during the day just because she may have an RI starting to form. Now, she could easily have stopped eating because of ovulation or something similiar. If there was no lethargy or secondary symptoms to her lack of eating, I am sure she is fine. In my opinion it is best to get her checked by a vet. It can’t hurt.

04/13/09  12:29am

The_2nd_baseman
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 1984991

Ya I never thought about her ovulation cycle and and she only did it 3 times and I have notseen her do it since I put the post up. I will take herto the vet just in case it cant hurt and she needs a check up anyway.Thanks for the help.

04/13/09  11:44am

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area