Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Red Tail Forum

Maihammess   Fairy Frog Mother   Maihammess   Rebelyell83  
 Member  Message

Maihammess
View Profile

NEED LOCAL FROZEN RODENT DEALER

This Might sound like a strange request but I recently moved from NYC to Milford PA and now it takes 3 hours 2 get to any of the reptile shows where I use to by my supply of frozen rats for my 7foot red tail boa. I have tried finding a local dealer on line but I can’t seem to find one. I like to by them in packs of 10 or 15 and prefer a dealer rather than franchised store bought. Live is not really an option anymore because I’ve had a few issues. one being the local pet shop must have had sick rats cause my snake wouldn’t eat the rats but I new he was hungry, the other is when My snake has gotten bitten from the rat because of the position he caught him in I had to put a stick in the rats mouth while my snake constricted him to prevent serious injuries. (Yes I am 1 of those Mommies who watch very carefully while my baby eats)

So if anyone can help I do drive. I live near Middletown NY, Port Jervis NY, Honesdale PA, and Hawly PA. I don’t mind driving 1 hour or an hour and a half away but 3 hours is far. So if anyone knows and can recommend some where please let me know.

Thanks

02/18/09  09:57am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Maihammess   In reference to Message Id: 1954957

The store near where I live will order extra if I ask, AND gives a price break if you purchase more than 6 rats or 10 mice. You might be able to make a deal with your local pet store like that. Barring that you can try to find other snake folks in your area and go in for a bulk order together. Someone on craigs list in my area is doing just that...but I have a reliable pet store with a small reptile section.

02/18/09  10:28am

Maihammess
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 1954974

That’s a great idea but I don’t really like my local pet store it’s kind of grimy that is the store that sold me the sick rat so I’d rather try and find a breeder. But thank you for the thought.

02/18/09  08:08pm

Rebelyell83
View Profile

Message To: Maihammess   In reference to Message Id: 1955279

i found the last 2 feeder breeders i went through on kingsnake.com,just go into the feeder section and see if anyone is local

02/18/09  09:17pm

Back to Boas-Red Tail Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area