Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Boas-Rainbow Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Rainbow Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Snakesitter   Icearstorm   Snakesitter   Icearstorm   Snakesitter   Icearstorm   Snakesitter   Icearstorm   Snakesitter  

Member  Message

Snakesitter
View Profile

Breeding Profile Group 6 (Mixed/High Orange)

Welcome to Profile 6 of 9 for Living Gems’ 2016 breeding season. Our sixth group pairs Scarface with Citrine in search of mixed orange babies, and with Aventurine in search of high orange babies.

Scarface, a high orange July 2008 male, is one of our oldest snakes. He was named for both a favorite movie and a missing scale on his head when he came to us, now long healed. He is a bit standoffish with the ladies, except Almandine with whom he has fathered 46 babies. Here’s to hoping he can expand his genetic legacy this year. Here he is in a wonderful character shot as of July 2015:

As of his pre-breeding weigh-in, he measured 2199 grams.

Citrine, an August 2009 golden orange female, is probably one of the friendliest rainbows I have ever met. She is often at the front of her tank, eager to greet whoever opens the door (and see if they have food). She is also the younger sister of the sorely missed Topaz, one of the most gorgeous rainbows I have ever seen…so somewhere in these genes lurks glory. This will be her third attempt at breeding for us, but also the first in which she has passed the 2000-gram mark. Here she is as of October 2015 (in shed):

As of her pre-breeding weigh-in, she measured 2054 grams.

Aventurine, a high orange September 2010 female, is one of our two bullseye girls. She is a picky feeder who prefers fresh-killed to frozen, and is not afraid to turn her snout at the latter. As a result, she took much longer than normal to hit breeding size. She makes up for it with generous color and those fabulous side markings. Here she is as of October 2015:

As of her pre-breeding weigh-in, she measured 2035 grams.

If you like what you see, and want first dibs at any babies, you can sign up for the LGR Wait List on our Facebook Page.

As always, thank you for reading.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

04/14/16  12:56pm

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2317801

I know nothing about these snakes, but one thing is certain: yours are absolutely gorgeous! :)

04/15/16  05:29am

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Icearstorm   In reference to Message Id: 2317806

Thanks Icearstorm. :) They are Brazilian Rainbows, a moderate-sized constrictor from Central/South America, and are one of the most gorgeous pet snakes in the world. Let me know if you have any questions about them!

04/15/16  01:16pm

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2317809

Thank you for responding :) What’s the skill level required for them? From what I hear, corns are easy, ball pythons are easy-moderate, and racers/coachwhips are moderate-hard to keep, but I’ve never heard much about any other species. You’re definitely right about the colors; only a few coral and corn snakes compare with that intensity of red!

04/15/16  09:14pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Icearstorm   In reference to Message Id: 2317810

Icearstorm, my apologies -- I’m not sure how I missed this!

They are a moderately difficult snake, mostly due to their unusual temperature (72F-82F) and humidity (90%+) requirements. Once you meet those, however, they are almost bulletproof.

Rainbow colors are amazing, and so is their interactiveness!

Let me know if you have any other questions, and please check out our Facebook page!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Website, Facebook

04/26/16  01:19pm

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2318216

That’s okay!
They seem quite interesting; I might think about getting one some time in the future, perhaps after I finish school and go live somewhere else (probably going to take at least another 10-20 years though, so I guess both falconry and non-native pet-keeping are going to have to wait...)

05/02/16  02:20pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Icearstorm   In reference to Message Id: 2318259

Well, we hope to still be vending then, so please look us up! ;-)

Best of luck in both adventures.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Website, Facebook

05/04/16  01:26pm

Icearstorm
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2318274

Will do; thank you :)

05/05/16  03:49pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Icearstorm   In reference to Message Id: 2318290

Any time. ;-)

05/06/16  01:06pm

Back to Boas-Rainbow Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area