Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Boas-Rainbow Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Rainbow Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jberenyi   Jberenyi   Jberenyi   Takahiro111   Snakesitter   Jberenyi   Snakesitter  

Member  Message

Jberenyi
View Profile

Opinions needed on this baby rainbow :)

My son-in-law purchased this this Brazilian rainbow boa from our locally owned pet store last night. It originally was purchased from Reptile Industry. Would love some feedback on his color and pattern. He paid $179.

11/15/14  11:16am

Jberenyi
View Profile

Message To: Jberenyi   In reference to Message Id: 2310846

Wow. No comments. So much for asking for help :(

11/15/14  04:19pm

Jberenyi
View Profile

Message To: Jberenyi   In reference to Message Id: 2310847

I thought this was an active forum but I guess it isn’t. Time to move on I guess :(

11/16/14  10:17am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Jberenyi   In reference to Message Id: 2310846

That’s beautiful rainbow....I plan on getting one but my future husband is telling me no more because he don’t like them.

11/16/14  10:41pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310859

Jberenyi, he’s a pretty little thing! I like the dorsal chaining, and his color looks good -- though hands as a background made it harder to tell. ;-)

Did the store include either card records or pictures of his parent snakes? Hopefully a care sheet? (Note rainbows like it cooler than most snakes...these are not animals to keep at 95 degrees!)

The forum is a slower one, but has good people. I check in a few times a week, am sorry I was a few days behind your original post.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

11/17/14  01:53pm

Jberenyi
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2310866

Thanks Cliff. I was beginning to think I was being cast with the lack of response LOL. Yes I have the info on the breeder. When I saw his striking color (pic does no justice) I had to have him. I’ve been reading a lot on these snakes and the baby is doing fine. The day I posted I said "Screw it...I’m getting him". Glad I did. He only nipped once and that was the day he came home. He hasn’t done it since and I handle him every day for about 15 minutes. I keep his cage at about 80 degrees and humidity at about 80% using moss, and ECO earth and a large water bowl.

11/22/14  07:22am

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Jberenyi   In reference to Message Id: 2310943

Sounds like a great call on your part!

Temps are fine, but up the humidity to about 90%...they benefit from it as babies.

You might aso reduce handling just until he’s eating for you...with a minority of snakes, handling can cause feeding issues. If not the case with him, disregard.

Good luck!!!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

11/24/14  01:46pm

Back to Boas-Rainbow Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area