Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Hurley_sv   Thyroidless   Florida boy   Thyroidless   Hurley_sv  
 Member  Message

Hurley_sv
View Profile

What should I do

Hello i was wondering what you all would think would go good with my pastel. She is top of the line. I donít want to spend anything over 1000 dollars. All ideas/comments welcome.
Thanks

09/26/06  09:02pm

Thyroidless
View Profile

Message To: Hurley_sv   In reference to Message Id: 998755

What should I do

You can get a decently good quality breeding age hypo/salmon male for 1k, pastel hypos can be very beautiful snakes if they come from two good quality animals. Good luck finding her a mate.

09/27/06  06:55pm

Florida boy
View Profile

Message To: Thyroidless   In reference to Message Id: 999955

What should I do

You can get salmon males for less than that from the man him self. Salmon is a good choice but I seriously feel the market is way over saturated with salmons and the price for neos have gone down dramatically. Anywhoo, I got an í04 from Rich Ihle for $500 shipped earlier this year.

I would say something i have seen moving really nicely lately is Ivory Anerys and Ghost. Get a nice Anery male(you can find 04 males for about $400 shipped) or an Ivory Anery male and make some nice Pastel het Anerys they go for about $200 and go like Hot cakes. Ivory Anerys are Pastel Anerys, they look like a nice clean more silver looking anery, I actually have my eye on one right now. They are my favorite yet i dont have one.

If you do some shopping and can work out a deal you could probably get a nice early í05 Arabesque for a grand. Arabesque are a Dominant gene which means that you will produce more Arabesques in the F1 generation, and i think they would look nice in Pastel.

With some shopping Iím sure you could find a decent Albino male(probably a early 05) for a grand. Pastel het Albinos go nicely with a $500 price tag.

you could also possible find a Harliquin for a grand. Pastel Harliquins sound good as well and sell pretty quick. This is also a Dominant trait(and i want to say all the way dominant, meaning all the babies will be harliquin)

I would say these are your best options.

09/28/06  06:54pm

Thyroidless
View Profile

Message To: Florida boy   In reference to Message Id: 1001243

What should I do

I agree that the market is saturated with salmons... but not too many good ones! Quality animals are always the first to be sold and demand a higher price than the lesser ones. Iíd rather see someone pay a LOT for a quality male to put to his pastel (if his pastel is as high quality as he says) than pay 1k on a mediocre or lesser albino or aberesque. I do however agree on the Anery, you can get a nice anery male with your price limit.

Too many lesser quality animals being produced by people just looking to make money is driving down the prices, IMO. But quality will always be in demand.

09/29/06  12:28pm

Hurley_sv
View Profile

Message To: Thyroidless   In reference to Message Id: 1002200

What should I do

Thanks a lot you guys. I think i am either going to get a harlequin or anery because i looked them up and i really like them.

09/29/06  05:30pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area