Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Brandon13   Joejoek   Brandon13   Florida boy  
 Member  Message

Brandon13
View Profile

Breeding rtb

i dont know much about breeding so any advice would be appreciated. if i am not home and my boa hade babies how long can they stay in the same cage with the mom? also what is cooling? thanks

08/13/06  11:48pm

Joejoek
View Profile

Message To: Brandon13   In reference to Message Id: 938557

Breeding rtb

usaully after some very large meals let the snake digest the food for at least 1 mth. some snakes can be cooled,, they sometimes dont need to be.you can let the temps drop to the mid 70s butstill have a heat pad so the snake can lay on it as they sometimes will..put the male into the female cage and let him do the work i usaully leave him in there about 30 to 60 days.then remove him..the female should be offered small meals every 2 to 3 weeks they sometimes wont eat after she gets big in the lower body you will know she gonna have them in a couple of months maybe more..the babies are ok in there with her till you get home after you are sure she is done having them take her out and remove the babies she might be tired from having them and she will not be too happy...i usaully stop feeding in sept and put the male in with her in nov and take him out in dec and she might have some in feb or march....read up more and get more detailed advice they all differ abit but are basically the same

08/14/06  02:43am

Brandon13
View Profile

Message To: Joejoek   In reference to Message Id: 938752

Breeding rtb

will the mom hurt the babies

08/14/06  10:53am

Florida boy
View Profile

Message To: Brandon13   In reference to Message Id: 939059

Breeding rtb

Crushed babies have hapened. You will learn alot about breeding by going to the Boa forum on kingsnake.com. Also check these two links out.
Rio BravoBoaphile

08/14/06  06:57pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area