Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Blade Redwind   Florida boy   Blade Redwind  
 Member  Message

Blade Redwind
View Profile

How?

Ok, Iím fairly new to the industry, just getting my bearings. About a year in a half now, almost two. Can someone explain to me how to breed and probe?

Let me tell you what I know so far, so its easier for you, should you choose to answer...

I know that boas give live birth. I know how large they have to be and how mature both genders have to be. My male is about 6 feet, my female about 4, maybe 4 1/2. Now... what special conditions do they need in order to feel the need to breed? I was told she would be ready by next year, so I need to be prepared... I need to know how to probe the babies without hurting them because obviously pushing on the back of tail I am told can easily hurt the snake if you arenít skilled...

I need to know about proper humidity and tempature. Iíve been told temp should be between about 80-95... is that wrong? I need an experinced Herpers assitance in this, please. And legible typing when explaining.

Thank you,
Blade

04/26/06  05:16pm

Florida boy
View Profile

Message To: Blade Redwind   In reference to Message Id: 759476

How?

Boaphile Article

Rio Bravo

I dont think that the probing technique can be taught over the net. I think its something you have to be shown. If it can I would love to learn as I will need to learn this method as well soon :)

04/26/06  07:00pm

Blade Redwind
View Profile

Message To: Florida boy   In reference to Message Id: 759663

How?

I was shown at a show last sunday how to do it and how to be careful. I just wanted some more insight on how to probe in more detail. Thankfully the guy took about ten minutes of his valued time to explain it to me. Time which... I appreciated alot.

04/27/06  08:37am

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area