Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Aj2006   Lil lou   Aj2006   StoneSour  
 Member  Message

Aj2006
View Profile

SAND BOAS

i hav some Qs abt sand boas. (sorry posting here but no1 will answer on the boa forum)

1.are egyptian sand boas different then kenyen sand boas or are they the same?

2.wats their temprement, are they agressive? and do they bite much and those it hurt to get bitten?

3.i read that you dont need any furniture in their vivarium apart from 3-5"of substrate, is this true?

4.how long do they live for?

5.do you have to feed them every 5-7 days?

04/19/06  08:33am

Lil lou
View Profile

Message To: Aj2006   In reference to Message Id: 747462

SAND BOAS

i just recently took in a sand boa. im not sure if they are the same as egytians but i would say no but i could be wrong. and about if they bite i couldnít picture mine biting but im sure they are capable, but i havenít ever heard of one biting and im sure it wouldnít hurt to get bite by one since they are a smaller breed and donít have very big mouths. i was bite by my baby red tail and it didnít hurt it was just being freaked out at seeing it strike and biting than anything else. they donít need a whole lot in there cages since they stay buried for the most part but i have a moisture hut (that what i call it) in her cage. i used and old cottage cheese contianer and cut some holes in it and kept wet paper towels in there to provide humidity, it helps them shed otherwise they have a difficult time. im not to sure how long they live for but im sure it is more than a few years. i feed mine once a week. i hope this helps a lil bit all i can say is do some research

05/01/06  04:20pm

Aj2006
View Profile

Message To: Lil lou   In reference to Message Id: 766564

SAND BOAS

r they problematic feedes?

05/11/06  06:53am

StoneSour
View Profile

Message To: Aj2006   In reference to Message Id: 781132

SAND BOAS

Yeah Lil lou is right on the money. On the life span, they can live for 15 years or more. On the rare occasion you may come across a problematic feeder, but that is pretty rare.

05/17/06  10:44pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area