Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Bluflagsolja   Florida boy   Scaleywags  
 Member  Message

Bluflagsolja
View Profile

Is it possible

Hi, i was wondering if it`s ok to have two females boas in a cage with one male during breeding?
Thank You to all respond

03/11/06  02:38am

Florida boy
View Profile

Message To: Bluflagsolja   In reference to Message Id: 687049

Is it possible

Well you can breed one male to two females if he has enough batter. I wouldnt keep them all togeather though. All seperate cages. Introduce the male into one females cage. Let him do his thing. May need to leave him there for a couple weeks befor he does it. Take him out , put in his own cage and let him recoup. Then you can introduce him to the other female. Always put male into females cage and not the other way around.

I dont know if anything would be bad having them all togeather(assuming they are all healthy and have been quaranteened) except for having 18 feet worth of snakes in one cage.

03/11/06  11:55am

Scaleywags
View Profile

Message To: Bluflagsolja   In reference to Message Id: 687049

Is it possible

There’s no problem with putting one male in w/ two females. Only make sure you clean up after them, and separate in order to feed every 2 weeks or so.

Your females should have been given extra food in order to gain necessarry fat cells before attempting to breed them. If you have done everything you should, and your animals are healthy and of a good breeding size, everything will be fine.

Good luck.

03/16/06  02:36pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area