Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Putz   Florida boy  
 Member  Message

Putz
View Profile

Columbian redtail breeding

ive got a 63" female laddertail redtail boa and a 6 male. at what point should i first introduce them together and at what point should i separate them? im not sure if the male can stay with the female throughout the entire term of holding the babies or if he needs to be pulled.

01/01/06  02:40pm

Florida boy
View Profile

Message To: Putz   In reference to Message Id: 589578

Columbian redtail breeding

You can introduce them now. Make sure you put the male into the females cage and seperate after you are sure that she has ovulated. Now I dont know how much research youve done but there could be more to breeding. In some cases this is all you have to do. In other cases you have to work alot harder to cycle the boas.ie ,cooling,going off food and ect. Do your research,there are alot of signs that you will want to know like appearence of the female through different stages of being gravid. Like I said It could be just as easy as putting the male in the females cage ,letting them do there thing and getting the male out. Im not an expert but Ive done tons of reading for next season. I will say the internet will be your best resource. Also go to boaphile.com and look around till you find the info area and they have a very detailed article from Jeff Ronne for Reptiles mag that will help you out alot.

01/02/06  06:27pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area