Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Escobar   ES_Tropicals  
 Member  Message

Escobar
View Profile

How many females can i breed my male with

RedTail Boas~
Hey guys, Im getting into breeding and wanted to know how many females i could mate with one male. I would be switching my male from one tank to another after the cooling process. Is it possible for one male to enpregnate three females in one season. Also, my male is a hypo 66%het for anery, and i will be breeding him to a het anery and also a normal redtail, as of now. I wanted to know what percentage of what i would end up with. Also, if i were to get one more female, what would you’ll suggest if i wanted to get some interesting offspring, maybe some offspring that i could pay for my habbit/hobby of snakes with. Thanks

Andy

12/01/05  06:26pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: Escobar   In reference to Message Id: 561147

How many females can i breed my male with

One lone male should have no problem breeding 3 females, rotate him in and out of each female, be sure to give him a few days off during the breeding process, especially with going from female to female, the males need a break too you know lol. You should get hypos, anery colombians, and ghost boas (anery hypos), as well as normal siblings 66% het anery I believe with breeding him to the het anery female, might want to try geneticswizard.com it can be helpful sometimes when you put in the right info for it.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

12/01/05  08:25pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area