Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Escobar   Florida boy   Escobar   Florida boy   Ibanezy2 "james"   Florida boy   Florida boy  
 Member  Message

Escobar
View Profile

Hypo het anery-het anery, what will i get

Hello, i plan to breed a male hypo 66%het anery redtail with my larger het anery female. What combination of babies should i expect?

11/07/05  12:34am

Florida boy
View Profile

Message To: Escobar   In reference to Message Id: 534211

You may get some ghost, hypos poss het, anerys and normals poss het.

11/07/05  06:51pm

Escobar
View Profile

Message To: Florida boy   In reference to Message Id: 534905

awesome, thanks buddy. does anyone know a good site to learn about the genetics behind breeding morphs. A site that may be more specific as so what percentage i should expect of what. Florida boy said possible ghost, hypo het, anerys, and normal het - but what percentage would be what?

11/08/05  02:18am

Florida boy
View Profile

Message To: Escobar   In reference to Message Id: 535429

its really hard when your dealing with simple recesive and co- dominant traits in the same snake. I looked for a site and the beat I cold do was Ralphdavisreptiles.com go to the matrix and from there punnet squares. Now this is used more for ball python morphs but you can apply the info the same way. It will at least give you a better idea about how hets and co- dominant genes work togeather and so on once you have an understanding of the punnett square youll have a better idea of what to exspect. But like I said when you put co-dominance into the simple recesive your asking for a head ache.

11/09/05  06:29pm

Ibanezy2 "james"
View Profile

Message To: Florida boy   In reference to Message Id: 537124

you might have to have a animal with both genes like a anery bred to a HET for ANERY HYPO to produce Ghost boas...otherwise you get half the litter hypo 25% anery 25% regular het for anery...

11/20/05  10:10pm

Florida boy
View Profile

Message To: Ibanezy2   In reference to Message Id: 549334

I may have misunder stood but he said he has a male hypo het anery and a female het anery. There is no het for hypo. With this pairing he would expect half the liter hypo.At this point it is all down to proven genetics.If either of these boas turns out not to be proven a het then no anerys will be produced. There for there would be a 25% het rating on all the babies. That means that there is a 25% chance that any given snake from this breeding is het for anery. If both hets prove out then there will be anerys from this clutch and any snake that is not an anery will then be 66% het for anery.

11/22/05  07:25pm

Florida boy
View Profile

Message To: Ibanezy2   In reference to Message Id: 549334

with the pairing of these two boas, male hypo 66%het anery and female normal het anery.There is no het for hypo. He should expect to get half the liter hypo. From there it is all up to proven genes. If one of these turn out to not be het for anery no anerys will be produced and all boas will be concidered 25% het for anery.That means that there is a 25% chance that any given boa from this litter will be het for anery.and that is if one het is true. If both hets prove to be true hets then anerys and normals will be produced and all boas not anery will be 66% het.

11/22/05  07:39pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area