Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Locusloz   ES_Tropicals   Locusloz   TarantulaKid   Violetta   Payne8106  
 Member  Message

Locusloz
View Profile

What is it?

hello, just want to know if any snake owner has had this problem? crush has a few missing scales on his nose, now it looks as though he has been rubbing it, only there isnít anything in his cage for him to rub it on!!!!

10/19/05  05:31pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: Locusloz   In reference to Message Id: 516342

What is it?

There doesnít necessairily have to be any items in the cage for him to rub against, even the cage itself he can push on and get a nose rub, pain in the butt things too, and some just never heal right and look the same, one particular thing snakes seem to grind their noses on are screen tops, just one of the dislikes I have for screen tops right there.

Is there any particular reason the snake is rubbing? Some males here particularly start rubbing when they are wanting to breed and arenít in with some females yet, but they will do it for other reasons too.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

10/20/05  10:27pm

Locusloz
View Profile

Message To: ES_Tropicals   In reference to Message Id: 517668

What is it?

hello, thanks for your reply. yes he is a male but he is only 3 foot long so is he at that age were he wants to mate? Now the only problem is is that the shop assistant didnít know how old he was which is a shame on my half as i would love to get him a mate, any idea how long i should wait to but a female one and are they safe being in the same cage together?

10/21/05  08:15am

TarantulaKid
View Profile

Message To: Locusloz   In reference to Message Id: 517925

What is it?

maybe your humidity is low and it cant break the skin to begin shedding,cuz i just picked up a 5 foot female that was feeling pretty dry and had nose rub now shes shedding a week later n pieces and only from the bottom n sides,she couldnt break the nose skin

10/23/05  03:15pm

Violetta
View Profile

Message To: Locusloz   In reference to Message Id: 516342

What is it?

Does his cage have a screen-lid? My littlest girl boa has a HUGE problem with dragging her nose across the screen until itís red, which thankfully sheís starting to stop doing.

03/30/06  12:56pm

Payne8106
View Profile

Message To: Locusloz   In reference to Message Id: 517925

What is it?

I house My big red tail male (7 foot plus) and My big female(6 foot plus) in the same cage but I dont feed them in the same cage or put food in front of both together

07/06/06  03:47pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area