Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

C-Dog   ES_Tropicals   Jasper   Tefoe   ES_Tropicals   C-Dog   ES_Tropicals   Machomanaf  
 Member  Message

C-Dog
View Profile

Questions about columbia redtail breeding

My female columbia red tail jus shed in one piece and the shed measures just over 6 feet. I have her on large frozen rats. Do u think i can breed her. I plan on getting a male what is the minimum size for him? I also built a custom cage it is 4í L 2íD and 3í H is that big enough for the pair if i make some elevated basking shelfs

09/15/05  08:10pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: C-Dog   In reference to Message Id: 479862

Should be big enough to put the male in with the female for periods of breeding, sheds arenít good to go off of for measurement however, as they can be a little bit off, as the shed skin gets stretched out a bit through the shedding process..we breed colombians and typically produce them every year, if you have any other questions I can help out myself, as well as point you into some other directions on boa breeding info and such, feel free to send a PM.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

09/16/05  08:54pm

Jasper
View Profile

Message To: ES_Tropicals   In reference to Message Id: 480894

How many babies do columbians produce...gotta dumb question...do any constrictors have live birth...I think ive only heard about 2 snakes that have live birth and i forget what they are.

09/20/05  06:36pm

Tefoe
View Profile

Message To: Jasper   In reference to Message Id: 485153

Questions about Colombian red tail breeding

All boas give live birth.
Iv only bred 1 Colombian before and she had 14,but Iím sure larger females would have more.

09/20/05  06:57pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: Tefoe   In reference to Message Id: 485184

Yes larger females have the potential to produce more offspring, its pretty much a gamble on the numbers you get with any animal, first litters will usually be smaller in numbers, although once again that can also depend on the size of the female, I have seen some big first time breeders throw a nice first litter. Yes boas give live birth, as do other snake species out there.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

09/21/05  11:35am

C-Dog
View Profile

Message To: ES_Tropicals   In reference to Message Id: 485779

how many would a six foot female produce?

09/22/05  09:00pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: C-Dog   In reference to Message Id: 487571

There is no way really to tell how many a female will actually produce no matter what her size is, plus not every snake that is bred will actually produce babies if the breeding doesnít take, so its pretty much a gamble with breeding anything on how many babies you will actually get if all goes well, but suprises are nice.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

09/22/05  10:12pm

Machomanaf
View Profile

Message To: ES_Tropicals   In reference to Message Id: 487643

This is my first time using this forum, But I would love some info on how to get my redtails to breed. I have an 8 1/2 female and a 6 1/2 male. They are currently staying in the same tank. I was hoping for them to breed. What do I do?

09/27/05  08:32pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area