Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Tequlia77   ES_Tropicals  
 Member  Message

Tequlia77
View Profile

Is She Ready For Breeding???

I have a 9 foot 35 pound Female boa in prime condition. She is so nice and lovable and is never in a mood. I just acquired a 7 1/2 foot boa which is a male, and was wondering if now would be a good time. The female is very plump and healthy and so is the male. They are being house separately but was wondering if I could put him in her tank for a week. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

09/13/05  06:36pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: Tequlia77   In reference to Message Id: 477751

Is She Ready For Breeding???

Just because you toss a male in with a female though, they may breed but you donít always get offspring, as for breeding sizes, I would say that female is more than ready, and she should definately throw a nice sized litter for you should it come to that, we donít start lowering the temps here to cycle for a few months ourselves, but in captivity you can pretty much breed all year round granted you can get all the temps and such right. Best of luck though, some people say they donít cycle their animals, and some do, I think it can depend on the area you are in and the climate at the different times of the year too, the winters here in MI, really help out with cooling the animals to breed here it seems. They will breed on and off for weeks/months through the breeding season too, and of course separated for feeding purposes. This year our boas got the year off, but in previous years we have gotten litters each year. Feel free to PM me about any questions you have, I am more than happy to help and point you in the direction of information as well.

-Amelia
ES Tropicals

09/13/05  10:34pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area