Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Marky2088   ES_Tropicals   Mars   Mars   ES_Tropicals   Wasabi   Quitipiac   Mikejones   Brandon25   Marky2088   Marky2088  
 Member  Message

Marky2088
View Profile

After giving birth

my female just gave birth Sunday its Monday now. i fed her today and i was just wondering when will she shed again because her eyes are opaque. will she shed as normally she would

07/25/05  06:07pm

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: Marky2088   In reference to Message Id: 415661

After giving birth

I wouldn’t expect it to be any different than a normal shed cycle really..they go dark and get opaque, clear up, and then shed. Female boas that give birth around here don’t seem to act too different in the way they shed after giving birth.

07/30/05  12:01am

Mars
View Profile

After giving birth

hi, i might have a pregnant boa over here and im looking for some advice, you think you can help pass on some of youre experience..?
thank’s ...mars

08/07/05  11:58pm

Mars
View Profile

After giving birth

hi, i might have a pregnant boa over here and im looking for some advice, you think you can help pass on some of youre experience..?
thank’s ...mars

08/08/05  12:11am

ES_Tropicals
View Profile

Message To: Mars   In reference to Message Id: 432782

After giving birth

Well typically, boas will ovulate and if the female takes during the ovulation and is fertilized, a little while after they ovulate they will shed, and this then becomes known with gravid boas, as the post ovulation shed, and with a common colombian bci, they generally go 105 days post ovulation shed before they drop any babies, give or take a few days, a gravid animal shouldn’t be moved and messed around with too much, and they should be fed smaller meals than normal, especially as the babies develop more, although females will go off of food when they are ready, or getting close..not all do though, and another important thing, when a boa is pregnant it definately needs to be heated properly, a lot of the time you will see boas that are gravid laying on their sides, or inverted, and even all coiled up on the warm end of the enclosure in what they call the heat conservation position, it’s important that the babies are heated good enough while they are developing inside the mother..you can check out Jeff Ronne’s (theboaphile) site and I believe he still has an article up about breeding boas, and he is really one of the best boa people out there.

08/11/05  12:05pm

Wasabi
View Profile

Message To: Mars   In reference to Message Id: 432782

After giving birth

Your’s boa’s is very beautiful , so nice , good breeding you make a very good Job !

08/18/05  09:58pm

Quitipiac
View Profile

After giving birth

Are you selling any of the babies any time soon?

08/24/05  02:00pm

Mikejones
View Profile

After giving birth

she would shed soon!!!!!!!!!

09/23/05  12:33am

Brandon25
View Profile

After giving birth

Marky, my name is Brandon. I’m 25 and live in Memphis,TN. I’ve posted this news on the RTB forum earlier. Natasha, my 6 week old RTB stopped eating after she shed. I tried everything for about 2 weeks before I found this site and began getting advise. I called my vet yesterday to get a second opinion. Yesterday, as the day went on, I noticed that Natasha was extra lethargic and I grew concerned. I took her to the vet and her stool sample came back teeming with parasites! Natasha came from a pet store, which has to be where the parasites came from because i have done nothing but pamper her since I got her. She has been my life for the last 6 weeks. The doc gave her a shot and gave me several liquid meds to feed her orally. Long story short....she died just a few hours after the trip to the vet...last night @ 9:45. My heart is broken. I spent several hundred dollars on vet bills and I still owe more. I won’t be able to function again without some beautiful boa in her tank to take her place. The point of me writing this to you is that I see you have a few new additions to your boa family and would like to talk you into selling one, if possible. I run my own business from home, so I have all the time in the world to spoil it. I have a great 50 gallon tank with all the accessories....I am only minus a snake. Please let me know what i can do to convince you to help me out.

10/11/05  12:17pm

Marky2088
View Profile

Message To: Brandon25   In reference to Message Id: 508089

After giving birth

sorry guys been really busy i sold my babies already to a dealer sorry but still trying to have more soon ty

10/11/05  05:55pm

Marky2088
View Profile

Message To: Wasabi   In reference to Message Id: 446805

After giving birth

ty u wasabi

10/11/05  05:59pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area