Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Tigerbug33   Tigerbug33   Battousai  
 Member  Message

Tigerbug33
View Profile

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have a manditory 4-H project for science due Friday and I have NO CLUE what to do. Evidently my teacher thinks 4-H projects are things you spend alot of time on the internet for rather than actually going out and doing it yourself, so Iím gonna do a little mix of both. But first I need help! could some one please tell me either how certian snakes react to each other (the good, the bad, the ugly) or why and where snakes live in the winter (location, what its made of, etc. etc.)
thanks!!!!

02/02/05  06:12pm

Tigerbug33
View Profile

Message To: Tigerbug33   In reference to Message Id: 238638

PLEASE HELP!!!!

More specifically I would like to know about
Blue Stripe Garter Snakes
Ring Neck Snakes
Black Racers
Banded Water Snakes &
Peninsula Ribbon Snakes
thank you soooo much for your help,
Alyssa

02/02/05  09:33pm

Battousai
View Profile

Message To: Tigerbug33   In reference to Message Id: 238857

PLEASE HELP!!!!

i used to catch ringnecks when i was young.i know they like damp dark places and feed mostly on invertebrates.no research,just a youngin who caught and kept them for a little while.i got them to eat crickets.
i know there are 2 kinds;the yellow and red ringnecks.my childhood experiences were with the yellows.i’m not sure if the reds live in NC.
i have seen and caught banded water snakes when hunting along rivers.even saw one eating a fish.we waited almost an hour for it to finish feeding.i don’t think they’ll regurgitate most fish due to the dorsal sines.the one we found was eating a brim.
and i have black rat snakes around my house.my elder relatives called them chicken snakes because they were notorious for eating chicks and eggs.i was told stories of my great great grandmother putting fake eggs in the hen boxes and then catching the snakes to get them out of the barn.she didn’t kill them because they took care of the field rats.once caught they would regurgitate the egg,and she would turn them loose a good distance from her barn.
black racers are also common around here and are sometimes refferred to as pilot snakes.very nippy i might add.they also shake their tails in leaf debris to immitate rattlesnakes like copperheads do.
good luck on that project

02/03/05  09:16pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area