Boas-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Abigman67   ShadowAceD   C-byrd   Chameleon_man   Fairy Frog Mother   T-pain  

Member  Message

Abigman67
View Profile

Ist Time Boa Breeding Info Needed

Hey whats up.. Im looking to breed two 100prct Het Albino Boas. They are approximatly three years old and I keep them in the same cage. I am really serious about this project and would like to be succesful. So PLEASE any and all info given would be tremendously appreciated. Like I said ALL info from all you guys will help. To the most minor to the most major to do, Or not to do!!!

Thanks alot......

10/01/11  08:25am

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Abigman67   In reference to Message Id: 2238804

Ist Time Boa Breeding Info Needed

Females should not be bred until age four, the risk of death is higher otherwise.

You need to separate them. Keeping them together all the time is not a good idea. If you cannot house two adults properly how are you going to house 20-40 babies?

You may think you are serious about this, but clearly you have not done enough research.

10/01/11  01:05pm

C-byrd
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2238841

Its Time Boa Breeding Info Needed

I agree, you should do more research on breeding before attempting it breeding too early will almost for certain end up in the death of your female.How large is the tank/cage the you are housing them in?I have had my female boa since birth and my male only a few years now but i house them in the same cage and they just mated tonight!!! My cage is 10’x4’x8’ its huge more than enough room but not so much that it stresses them out.

11/07/11  01:01am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: C-byrd   In reference to Message Id: 2243336

It bothers me that 248 people have looked at this chat and only 2 has said anything.

01/25/12  01:53pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2252703

I concur with Shadow Ace D. Keeping them together in a large tank still means that they are competing for the same best heat and cool spots for thermoregulation. They also share bacteria and parasites. Also you have no control over them breeding too young- the result is usually the death of both the female and the clutch.

More research if you are going to breed. If you breed two visual albinos together chances are great for eye problems and other birth defects. Make sure you know what you are doing before risking a clutch of 20-40 LIVE born snakes that each need their own heat/water/enclosures.

01/31/12  01:33pm

T-pain
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2253462

Been been observing site for almost a month now u seem to know a lot. Tell me ur opinion on Kenyan and red tail breeding?

03/23/12  05:49pm

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area