Boas-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Ravenhawk   Fairy Frog Mother   Wootdog   Bciaddict  

Member  Message

Ravenhawk
View Profile

Breeding Research

I am interested in breeding Columbian Red Tails but before I get all hyped up about it I want to make sure I have all the information and equipment necessary. So, in addition to researching, talking with other breeders and looking for any snake related events in my area. I thought it would be a good idea to ask here as well. So, if you could help me with my search for information with articles, breeder contact info, personal experience and anything else you can think of I would be very appreciative. Thank you in advance for your time.

01/11/11  09:08am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Ravenhawk   In reference to Message Id: 2197578

Breeding Research

Smart smart person.

Id start with the Boa Constrictor Manuel by Phillipe de Vosjoli. From there check out Brian Sharp and Kahl’s website. Lots of great links there... heck- google Boa Constrictor breeding. Theres a few really bad sites, but theres a LOT of really great articles too. I dont have any links- but theres a place to start.

01/30/11  01:30am

Wootdog
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2201883

Breeding Research

There is alot of stuf that you will need to know. The best way to learn is to read about it so that you can get a good knowledge base. Once you have a good basic understanding of the breeding proses you can ask people more specific questions. It is a little expensive but my favorite boa book is The Complete Boa Constrictor by Vin Russo. Keep in mind as you research that there are multiple ways to successfully bread boas, and the feedback and advice that you will receive may vary. Hope this helps!
Andrew

02/23/12  06:20pm

Bciaddict
View Profile

Message To: Wootdog   In reference to Message Id: 2256603

Breeding Research

I also recommend Vin Russo’s book (the long, more expensive version). I think that the Visjoli book leaves out some key info.

Amie

02/24/12  06:46am

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area