Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boas-Breeding Forum

Phoenix23   Bciaddict   Phoenix23  
 Member  Message

Phoenix23
View Profile

SIZE for BREEDING

Can someone please help me on what size my female should be before i breed her(lengh,weight)... My male is 6 feet and is eating large rats... He is 3 yrs old so i know he is ready... My female is just over a year and about 5 feet and eating large rats as well.... I think i wanna wait another year but i just wanna know what other people think or what other people do..

Any advice is welcome... Thanks

12/15/09  07:43pm

Bciaddict
View Profile

Message To: Phoenix23   In reference to Message Id: 2105354

SIZE for BREEDING

Well, that sort of depends on what locale or locale mix it is.

Size is not as important as age when it comes to breeding. A female Colombian boa should be a minimum of 3 years old to breed, four or five would be better. A two year old boa is not going to have the muscle mass and fat reserves needed to carry a healthy batch of babies, and she probably won’t be sexually mature enough to produce viable ova at 2 years old.

Amie

12/16/09  06:46am

Phoenix23
View Profile

Message To: Bciaddict   In reference to Message Id: 2105508

SIZE for BREEDING

wow really.... i always thought it went on size and weight... Shows how much i know..... She is a Salmon crossed with a regular BCI..... I think she might have the albino gene in her tho cause she has some of the traits.... I’ll post pictures tonight and people can tell me what they think.

Thanks for the info

12/17/09  10:22am

Back to Boas-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area