Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kuzca   Sierheartless   Kuzca   Kuzca   Sierheartless  

Member  Message

Kuzca
View Profile

Boa Has Large Squishy Bump! HELP!!

I just got a boa from a friend of a relative. He seemed to take really good care of the boas and he offered me a female one for free (my cousin was the mother snake). She is 11 months and 161 grams. I was told that she was smaller than her sister because she regurgitated her first few meals, but has been eating a small rat once a week without problems since.

He told me to feed her as soon as I got home (I thought that was weird, but he has had more experience than me so I listened). I feed her a rat and she ate it pretty quickly (with a small bump) then I put her in the tank and she explored.

The small bump started to go away after, but two days ago I caught her soaking it and it was huge!
It’s not hard, in fact it feels like a small water balloon. I was given advice to soak her so I did, and the bump shrunk a little bit. (I feed her a week ago)

What should I do? If it doesn’t go away in the next day or so I’m taking her to the vet. Just please give me advice or reasons why she has a bump.

01/27/15  03:35pm

Sierheartless
View Profile

Message To: Kuzca   In reference to Message Id: 2312095

Might just be food, occasionally my boa will balloon up after even a relatively small meal, especially if it’s been a while. Keep an eye on it and it should go down in a few days.

Could also be constipation, warm baths will help with that.

Good idea to bring her in if it doesn’t go down soon, I wouldn’t let it go past a week with no changes, just to be safe.

01/27/15  03:40pm

Kuzca
View Profile

Message To: Sierheartless   In reference to Message Id: 2312096

Thanks for the advice! I was really freaking out, because I couldn’t really find anything around.

01/27/15  04:20pm

Kuzca
View Profile

Message To: Kuzca   In reference to Message Id: 2312097

Just wanted to give an update.
2 days after posting, the bump went down and I found a pile of urates with a small amount of feces.
I’m going to wait a few more days for more feces before I start feeding her smaller meals.
I am going to keep a close eye on her to make sure everything goes well.

01/30/15  10:16pm

Sierheartless
View Profile

Message To: Kuzca   In reference to Message Id: 2312140

That’s great !
As long as you didn’t see anything weird I’d bet everything is ok.

02/02/15  12:09am

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area