Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kayyrazzzx3   Takahiro111   Kayyrazzzx3   Akeelitheboa   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Kayyrazzzx3
View Profile

MITES!

So, my boa has mites. Ive never had mites b4 and I have a ball python collection as well. Luckly it didnt spread. Ive had the mites for about 2 full weeks. I am a vet tech and one of the doctors said to use ivermectin as a spray. So I used .5ml ivermectin diluted in 1 liter of water. I have used this once a week for 2 weeks. I still see ones moving on him. Is there anything else i could use that will kill the eggs and the mites all in one shot? They are driving me and my husband crazy lol.

12/03/14  04:16pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Kayyrazzzx3   In reference to Message Id: 2311126

MITES!

I know mites are annoying I had them once before. Bathe theboa everyday in bedadine dilited water it should make a tea color and warm. I used mite off and it proved to work..spray the enclosure everyday and take out substrate and anything bark and throw it out and put down paper towel or white printing paper so you can see how your progressing. I also used johnson johnson baby oil to smother the mites and don’t get it in the eyes,vent,ears,mouth or nose and pits if they have any. I used mite off to clean my cage 3x a day every day so I went through 17+ bottles to get rid pf them for good. You can rinse off the baby oil if you want and bedadine bathes are to clean any bite wounds from the mites. Miteoff can be found at petsmart,petco,petland discounts,local petshops(not much) and even online. Also make sure he don’t drink that bathe water and let him soak for 15-30mins.

12/03/14  06:59pm

Kayyrazzzx3
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2311127

MITES!

Ok thank you do much. Ive been using mite off but they still havnt gone away. How long should Ibe cautious for after all mites are gone because they lay eggs.?

12/03/14  08:07pm

Akeelitheboa
View Profile

Message To: Kayyrazzzx3   In reference to Message Id: 2311128

MITES!

Try Nix diluted with 4 L of water it always works for me

12/03/14  09:37pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Kayyrazzzx3   In reference to Message Id: 2311128

MITES!

After there all gone clean with hot steaming water and a littlebleach and scrub the cage... the eggs shouldn’t survive after that and spray the mite spray just one more time but keep a look out in his water bowl.

12/03/14  09:46pm

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area