Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Akeelitheboa   Takahiro111   Akeelitheboa   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Akeelitheboa
View Profile

My Boa is acting strange. Help?

My Boa has been acting really strange, she’s normally very calm and sweet but for the past two days I’ve taken her out and she moves back and forth really fast on my bed in the same position and when I pick her up she’s stuck like that and starts hissing? Can anybody help me and tell me what’s going on with her?

11/26/14  04:58pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Akeelitheboa   In reference to Message Id: 2311042

What a similar problem except its happening to my adult burmese python instead of my adult red tail....he keeps coiling around me and sticks his head in my shirt and wouldn’t move. Could it be because its winter???

11/26/14  06:44pm

Akeelitheboa
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2311044

I don’t think that’s the problem.. She just started this a couple days ago and it’s been winter here for awhile it started when my dog was in the room I think she was spooked but I don’t understand why she keeps doing it. She moves hard and fast in the same exact spot not moving just swerving her body back and forth, once I pick her up she stays stuck in the S shape and hisses.. So I put her back because I don’t want her biting me.

11/26/14  09:55pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Akeelitheboa   In reference to Message Id: 2311048

I’m guessing its the dogs scents is still around because my red tail boa hates to be out when my dog is around he’ll hiss,throw fits and strike at anything that walks pass him...its become a habit and sees her as a threat. Keep the dog away from the snake and see if the attitude improves.

11/27/14  02:53am

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area