Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

XReptileKidx   GTEXOTICS   Bciaddict   Tenten~  

Member  Message

XReptileKidx
View Profile

NIC in the water?

Hey everybody not new to the scene of snakes, but I recently got a Hypo NIC. (4 foot) Now lets get to why I actually am posting this he doesn’t come out to the water he just soaks all day! He’s alive no worries, but he doesn’t come out! His cage is 85-90 on the top of his hide and the cool side is about 75-80 so I dont think its because he is to hot. I had to move the heat lamp over his water because he would be cool when I would take him out because the water is cooled. So my question is wont he get scale rot if he never comes out? Is this normal for a NIC none of my other boas or snakes soak in there water. Oh forgot to say he isn’t in shed.

01/13/13  01:56pm

GTEXOTICS
View Profile

Message To: XReptileKidx   In reference to Message Id: 2289567

NIC in the water?

Mine does the say thing but mines a hypo, idk if its good or bad but mines only 22 inches long.

04/15/13  11:44pm

Bciaddict
View Profile

Message To: XReptileKidx   In reference to Message Id: 2289567

NIC in the water?

Hi,

No it’s not normal for a a Nic to soak all day unless it is in shed. Constant soaking could be a result of cage humidity too low, cage temps too hot, parasites or lack of an adequate hiding area.

Yes he can get scale rot if he soaks constantly...you need to figure out why he’s soaking.

Amie

05/17/13  06:31pm

Tenten~
View Profile

Message To: Bciaddict   In reference to Message Id: 2297438

NIC in the water?

Could be from mites. If you run a white paper towel over him, you can see mites, if he has them.

07/29/13  09:13pm

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area