Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

BamBam22   Cphill58   BamBam22   Fairy Frog Mother  

Member  Message

BamBam22
View Profile

My First Baby Boa

Hello, everyone

I had gotten my first baby boa yesterday. I have had a boa constrictor before but it was an adult. Never taken care of a baby boa before. She is about 3 1/2 months old. The breeder that I had gotten her from said that she isn’t eating pinkies anymore she is eating small mice but not quit fuzzies. I don’t know what fuzzies are or where to even get the small mice for her. Can anyone help, it’s almost that time for her to be fed.

Thanks

10/04/12  02:28pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: BamBam22   In reference to Message Id: 2282118

My First Baby Boa

Rodents are usually sold by weight...if you have ever ordered online you know the name and size of the rodent.

Rodent Pro and many others describe it like so ....
Rodent Pro

just scroll down to white or dark fuzzies...yes some snakes prefer a certain color...

The rule of thumb is to feed something that will be as thick as the body ...max 1.5 x the girth. Boas usually can do just fine with a fuzzie or hopper at the age you describe.

So if you are forced to go to a pet shop and buy 1 or 2 you can get a fuzzy or hopper mouse/mice

10/05/12  06:09am

BamBam22
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2282173

My First Baby Boa

I brought some from the pet shop because I was told that she is eating once a week. I’m trying to feed her now as we speak but she won’t eat them. I guess she isn’t hungry.

10/06/12  07:46pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: BamBam22   In reference to Message Id: 2282308

My First Baby Boa

Welcome to your new baby! When they are moved, there are a gazillion new sights and smells. Dont handle her- let her get accustomed to her new home for a week completely undisturbed save for changing water in her tank. Try feeding her again at the end of the week. Two days after she eats, then handle her again.

Also, her prey item should be about the same size in the middle as she is. Once a week sounds about right til shes a year or two old and eating larger prey items.

10/12/12  05:52am

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area