Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Fire Fox   Fairy Frog Mother   Chameleon_man   Fire Fox   Chameleon_man  

Member  Message

Fire Fox
View Profile

New Boa

My sister is becoming just as addicted to reptiles as I am. She really likes my boa and decided that she wanted one for herself. That’s not to say it was a spur-of-the-moment thing. She had been playing around with the idea for awhile, not to mention that I’d love to get into breeding them one day. More than likely though, this new addition will just be another member of the family.

This little guy and his siblings were actually an accidental litter. The breeder we got him from received a Boa that had been previously co-housed. The original owner apparently thought they were the same gender and ended up sending the boa pregnant. She dropped a small litter, but of course he had no plans for them so he offered us this little guy cheap. Anyway, here are some pictures of the little guy!

We just got him Sunday, so these were just quick pictures. He has a lot of pink on his sides. I love it~ I do have one question though. I’m not sure what Albino strain he is. I’m not sure the breeder knows either, seeing as this was a surprise litter. I know I could breed him to see which strain, but is there any visual clues I can look at? I know it might not be 100% accurate, but I’ll take a guess lol.

09/18/12  02:09am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Fire Fox   In reference to Message Id: 2280651

New Boa

Really beautiful baby. I havent worked with morphs a lot, so cant answer your Q for ya, sorry.

09/18/12  05:14am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2280652

New Boa

he is pretty bright. Do you know how much your friend payed for him? there is khal albino and sharp albino. sharp albino babies go for $400-$600 and khal albino go for about $250

11/19/12  12:19am

Fire Fox
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2285782

New Boa

My sister bought him for $375, but as I said, the breeder isn’t sure what strain of Albino it is either. I may just end up having to prove him out later down the road.

11/22/12  01:19am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Fire Fox   In reference to Message Id: 2286057

New Boa

part of me is really wanting to say sharp, IF it is sharp that is a 500-600 dollar snake. if its khal you over paid. lol

11/23/12  07:07pm

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area