Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jon whittington   Herps4me   Jon whittington   Jon whittington   Herps4me   Herps4me   Fairy Frog Mother   Jon whittington  

Member  Message

Jon whittington
View Profile

Het Albino, double het for Sunglow, Normal

Hey Everyone,

Is there a way of telling which are what without knowing the parents???

Jon Whittington

07/22/12  02:54am

Herps4me
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2274215

If I’m understanding your question correctly,
the dh sunglow will be a visual hypo that is het for albino.
The normal and het albino will look the same and the only way to know is to prove them out. Now if all 3 are all siblings then even the dh sunglow would be a hypo poss het albino.

That’s if the parents were a het albino to a hypo.
If the parents were a hypo and albino, then all would be het albino.

Hope that answered your question. If not, let me know a bit more about them, siblings and possibly pictures, and I’ll try again.

-Wil

07/23/12  03:41am

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Herps4me   In reference to Message Id: 2274328

Wil,

I have to many questions,so I will start with one or two.I have a male Albino and his name is Sunny.I think he is on my profile. Its early but he has locked horns with two other females.Should I let sunny keep working on the two females or shall I give him more females?what should I do with this horny male?

Jon Whittington

07/23/12  03:46pm

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2274358

Hey There,

iam also on facebook under Walfrid Whittington.There are a few pictures of some of my stuff.

07/24/12  03:28am

Herps4me
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2274421

Hey Jon, typically you would want to let the male have a go at one female until you notice an ovulation. Its very exhausting for the male, and having more than one mate can wear him out too much. Since it is very early in the season, typically I start in late October, let him have one mate until you notice an ovulation and after he shows no more interest in that female. Then pull him out and feed him for a few weeks. If he is scurrying around his cage after the few weeks, then you can introduce him to another female. Here is a great link about the whole breeding process and cycling your boas. Link It was written by Jeff Ronne of The Boaphile. Its a great place to start.

07/24/12  04:30am

Herps4me
View Profile

Message To: Herps4me   In reference to Message Id: 2274425

forgot to mention, the downloadable pdf for the ultimate care guide is down toward the bottom after you click the link

07/24/12  01:14pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Herps4me   In reference to Message Id: 2274453

*slaps forehead* Thank you Herps for the great references. Jon...dude. You have been advised so many times to google information on breeding and talk with breeders BEFORE you put your snakes together and breed them... Everything Ive ever read tells you what Herps just told you. *sighs* I can only hope THIS time you will take his advice and do the research- please. For the animals in your care’s sake. DONT BE LAZY...unless you’re really into watching snake po...(censors self cause there are children here)- in which case...dude. Theres other hobbies out there.

Im sorry to be so mean, but seriously, If you dont have someone who knows what they are doing with you there, or unless you’ve done enough research to where you know putting one male with more than one female in a breeding cycle is bad breeding practice for the health of your snakes- why exactly are you breeding?

So, now that you have bred them,(nothing you can do now, really, except choose ONE female for him to keep breeding with, and let the other relax or find another mate...Make sure you look up ovulation in boas so you know what to look for! Do you have a rack system set up with heat and water dishes for all the resulting babies from 2 possible pregnant snakes cleaned out and ready to go? DO you have people who want to buy/adopt your resulting babies? Seems like a whole lot of work to me.

In any event, I hope they are all happy, well fed, and healthy. Sorry to be such a snark, but overbreeding is a pet peeve of mine because it results in so very many abuse and neglect cases, and snakes being surrendered and euthanized in animal shelters all over america.

08/01/12  09:51am

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2275152

Albino motleyx normal motley

Anyways Everybody!!!

A few months ago at 2:30 AM we had 15 baby 100 percent het albino motley boas. One of them is a super motley.Wonder what we will get next year.

08/09/14  03:00pm

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area