Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jon whittington   Herps4me   Fairy Frog Mother   Jon whittington   Fairy Frog Mother   Jon whittington   Fairy Frog Mother   Jon whittington  

Member  Message

Jon whittington
View Profile

Snow Motley Boas??

Does anyone know how to produce these?I have limited funds.

jon Whittington

07/11/12  02:15am

Herps4me
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2272885

Snow Motley Boas??

probably the best way would be:

with a snow x albino motley het snow (het anery)
or with a snow x motley het snow (het anery and het albino)
or albino het snow (het anery) x motley het snow (het anery and het albino)

The cheapest route and probably the least likely, meaning maybe 1 snow mot in the litter if lucky, would be

normal dh snow (het albino and het anery) x motley dh snow (het albino and het anery)

That’s about it

07/12/12  01:27am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Herps4me   In reference to Message Id: 2273005

Snow Motley Boas??

Limited funds might be best saved for food in case your 2 females are BOTH pregnant. You will have MANY MANY babies to feed until you rehome them.

08/01/12  09:58am

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2275154

Snow Motley Boas??

Hey There,

I have 30 adult rats and 3 of them are about ready to give more babies.The last 3 times I got 17 babies from each female so I think Iam ok in that area.

08/03/12  11:20am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2275514

Snow Motley Boas??

*Whew* I wish you the best of luck then. All round. Sounds like a whole lot of work to keep up with. Good on you if you have the time and energy for it. I just get a little twitchy because I have seen so many very sad cases of neglect and abuse with snakes. You’ve no idea how many have been offered to me, and I stick to the ones I have and dont breed cause..yeah- I want to be responsible and not cause a snake to suffer because I gave or sold it to someone who really didnt know what they were in for.
Too bad too cause mine are unproven hets for more than just albino, but my sister didnt grok what the breeder told her so she didnt think it important to remember. *laughs*
Anyhow...so yeah. Sorry if I get a bit on my high horse about it.

08/07/12  07:03pm

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2275952

Snow Motley Boas??

Hey There,

Just got 45 baby rats from 3 females.I think 1 more is pregnant. Its a lot of work and every time I turn around I am buying heat lamps,heat mats,tanks,etc.I spend about 4 or so hours a day cleaning, feeding, watching, and whatever needs to be done.Sometimes I sit in the front room and watch them like Iam watching T.V.Sometimes a person will ask me how in the hell can I sleep in my bedroom with that many snakes.I don’t think I could sleep without them.Anyways I have been reading The Boa Constrictor Manual by Philippe de Vosjoli and was wondering if there is anything else out there that is good??

Jon Whittington

08/08/12  03:48am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2276008

Snow Motley Boas??

That right there is the one I recommend most. Havent seen anything out there as complete- however, going to the websites of some of the big name breeders (Renfro, Sharp, etc) has been informative. Keep going with research and youll know more than I very soon!
And yeah, sometimes you just get a passion for these big guys. *Nods* I just get overprotective of animals not even in my care sometimes. Perhaps I should be the fairy Bear Mother!

08/09/12  04:25am

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2276152

Motley het vpi i

Hey there,

What are these ,how do you make one,why are they so slightly expensive?I would really like to know what these vpi snakes are all about?

Jon whittington

08/18/12  03:36am

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area