Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jon whittington   Bazzer   Jon whittington  

Member  Message

Jon whittington
View Profile

Cooling snakes

Hey Everybody,

I have a serious question for anyone that can help. I have heard different versions of this.Do you need to cool them or can you keep the temps the same and let it happen naturally.Do you drop the temps overnight or do you do it over a period of time.The reason I ask is because a few years ago I did drop the temps and about a 1500.00 investment did not make it.Since then I have acquired as far as snakes a Blood Python, one normal boa, two DH Sun glows, one Albino Boa,two Motleys, and a gorgeous Blue Field.I don’t want to loose any of these son of a so any of your input would be greatly appreciated

01/10/12  02:27am

Bazzer
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2250451

Cooling snakes

Cooling, IMO, is all about being responsible with it, and hygiene being imperative.

I cool mine, and so far i have never had any issues. I drop the ambient temperature no lower than 78f and have a basking spot of 82f. I will watch them like a hawk though, and reduce stressful situations as much as i can.

Before cooling, i will make sure that they have had a good month without food, so that the last meal has had a chance to fully digest and pass out the other end. After any toilet, i give the enclosures a thorough deep clean everytime.

A lot of people don’t cool and have good success with breeding, whereas others don’t get any joy unless they cool.

01/10/12  05:18am

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Bazzer   In reference to Message Id: 2250456

Cooling snakes

Bazzer,

Thanks for the info and anything else.

Jon Whittington

01/10/12  05:46am

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area