Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

BoaLova   Xkabx   Fairy Frog Mother   Xkabx   Jon whittington   Xkabx   Jon whittington  

Member  Message

BoaLova
View Profile

My boa = biotch

WHY IS MY FEMALE ALBINO COLUMBIA RED TAIL BOA SUCH A buttmunch ! i feed her once every week, two mice, on a Monday, so i don’t play with her until Wednesday, and everything i take her shes so tense, i got her a year ago. HELP !!

01/05/12  08:41pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: BoaLova   In reference to Message Id: 2249870

My boa = biotch

trying handling it more. gotta handle everyday i have an everglades rat snake notorious for being nutjobs, handled him everyday for almost a year until he stopped biting me

01/10/12  01:51am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2250450

My boa = biotch

He is right not to handle it right after eating actually. Just keep handling it every day outside of the two right after you feed. Also, How old is your snake? Two adult mice is not nearly as healthy as feeding one small rat- which any boa constrictor over a year old, unless its growth was stunted from malnutrition, should be eating at least small if not medium rats. It could just be your snake is hungry and thinks you are food. Try a small rat. (Or rather, a rat that is about as big around or just slightly larger than your snake is around) Hold after it digests like you are doing now. It is either hungry or nervous and doesnt recognize your scent as part of its environment yet. My two nipped me a couple times and juveniles, but now that they are full grown, are easy to handle ( well, they dont bite- there is still a LOT of snake there to carry) If you cant handle handling them now, when you have a 40 lb 8 foot long snake youre gonna be in trouble- so just do it. Get leather gloves if you need to. If she still remains unhandleable it could just be her personality and sadly, you might consider rehoming her to someone with experience. (Hope that is NOT the way it goes for you)

01/11/12  09:50am

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2250579

My boa = biotch

well they dont bite but theres still alot of snake to carry. its only 11 am but thats the funniest statement ive read all day thanks

01/11/12  10:46am

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: BoaLova   In reference to Message Id: 2249870

My boa = biotch

Boa Lova

When I first bought Petunia 4 or 5 years ago she was 14 foot. I kept her in the bathroom and no cage.At 14 foot this Retic was not to friendly.i would visit her 5 or 6 times a day.I would hold her down with a stick by the neck and pet her.After doing this ever day for a few months she got friendly.I also talked to her when I did this.Finally I would take baths and showers when she was in the bathroom,but whenever I took a bubble bath she would crawl in with me.She was to big to take to bed so we would sit on the couch and watch T.V.with her.I took her into Hollywood and would let others hold and pet her.I cant do this anymore cause she is 21 foot and cant find anyone that would help me take her into Hollywood.What I am trying to say is that if you treat her or him like your own child they might become pet friendly.

Jon Whittington

01/11/12  10:36pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2250692

My boa = biotch

wow a funny in the morning and a funny before bed!! jon really a bath with a retic! thats some serious snake love there, i can see the watching tv part the bath is a whole nother level bro! must be a sweet snake!

01/12/12  12:43am

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2250706

My boa = biotch

Xkabx,

She is a very sweet snake,to big to handle alone,and still growing.

Jon Whittington

01/12/12  07:20am

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area