Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Xkabx   Xkabx  

Member  Message

Xkabx
View Profile

Treating with baytril

this is a question for any one with any experience with using baytril to fight an ri. i have a hog island boa and went to the vet and got baytril, he told me to treat her long term and told me to start with 25 injections one a day, then after the first 25 give her an injection every other day for a month then every third day for a month. i got home and a person online warned me not to feed her while treating her, this is my most trusted online guy, ive never met him but the amount that i have learned from this guy, he is like my professor. anyways the vet didnt say anything about not feeding her, so what do i do?
i normally feed her a 300-350 gram rat every 10 days, it has been 18 since her last meal. i know snakes can go a long time without food but when i got her she was so skinny and she finally looks to be in good shape id hate to see her all skinny again. i tried to ask the vet but he is gone till tomorow so i figured id ask here to. should i feed her the normal 350 do i go smaller or do i not feed at all during treatment? thanks

12/29/11  07:52pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2248861

Treating with baytril

right after i posted this i found a vet doing a radio talk show about ri’s and what causes them and how treatments work and it was really fascinating. the answer to my question above is no you dont feed while on baytril, typically you only treat the animal for 30 days so there is no need to feed, he gave more scientific explaination then that but if you want to know more it was a dr stahl on blogtalkradio.com

12/29/11  10:41pm

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area