Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Xkabx   Jon whittington   Xkabx   Jon whittington  

Member  Message

Xkabx
View Profile

Treating a sick snake

i got a hog island boa in july, she was on kijiji in a city 4 hours from mine so i had her shipped, the guy who sold her to me said nothing of the ri she had, i took her to a friend who told me to bump her temps up and she will be fine, so i did, and she was getting better everyday but was wheezing, and its now december i felt bad everyday seeing her sick so today i saw a poop in her tank and decided to take it and her to the vet. the poop was fine, the swab he took from her mouth showed a couple different types of bacteria. the vet wants to send it to a lab so they can grow the bacteria to figure out what they are and how to kill them for 150. or he will sell me a bottle of baytril which may or may not work for 130. he didnt have any baytril on hand so he said think about it for the weekend and call him monday. now i gotta decide if i gamble and just go with baytril or do i get the tests done to figure it out? i could pay for these tests and they come back and say use baytril, or i could try baytril and it doesnt work then i gotta do the tests.
any one ever use baytril?
or have any advice?
thanks

12/09/11  05:43pm

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2246622

Treating a sick snake

Xkabx

I have been using Tylan fo the past one and a half years.It has saved me a lot of money.Correct me if I am wrong?I was told that if its upper it can be cured,but if its lower there is no cure.

Jon Whittington

12/10/11  06:36pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2246737

Treating a sick snake

i dont know about upper/ lower well enough to answer that ill have to discuss it with the vet on monday.
someone here told me when i got her to use tylan i wish i would have listened then, i will ask about it monday.

12/10/11  08:06pm

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2246749

Treating a sick snake

Xkabx,

From what I know it has been used on cattle chickens etc.Its something new that reptile owners are using.If you look it up on line its only 12.00 for 100mi. You want Tylan 50 injectable and will last a long time.If you call them up they will tell you its for farm animals.That’s what the label says.For beef cattle.I guess they sale it for farm animals only and they don’t sale it for reptiles.If I got that much from a doctor it would cost hundreds of dollars.Don’t be surprised if he tells you not to use it.

Jon Whittington

12/11/11  12:59am

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area